themikelo: hey, was just wondering if you were interested in artwork submissions? I love your page and would also love to share my work with you
So here’s a list I have devised that are good for curses/hexing. Please be warned: many of these are icky and poisonous. Please do your research before handling and please do not ingest. Some of these herbs require a mask and gloves!
- Ague Weed ~ makes enemies confused
- Angelica Root ~ for curses & hexing
- Asafoetida ~ for casting hexes on a person. Sometimes referred to as the devil’s incense, asafoetida is burned to force someone to leave you alone.
- Balmony ~ A plant in the figwort family that is ground and used for hexing.
- Bindweed ~ curses/hexing.
- Bird’s Eye Chilis ~ from the Solanaceae (nightshade) family used for cursing, heating up spells, and for crafting Hoodoo powders like hot foot powder and goofer dust.
- Blackthorn Thorns ~ thorns are traditionally used for cursing and protection. The thorns of the Blackthorn tree have long been used in witchcraft for pricking wax or cloth poppets to curse an intended victim.
- Black Berry Root ~ this is long used as a protection herb but can also cause bane.
- Bladderwrack ~ When placed near an enemies bathroom it is said to cause that enemy to be stricken with irritation of the urinary tract.
- Blood Root ~ If you are looking for a substitute for human blood use this blood root to make diabolic wine. Can also be used for general curses.
- Blueberry ~ Causes an enemy strife when thrown on his doorstep.
- Boneset ~ To burn as an incense and to use during curses.
- Chicory ~ used for curses, bringing discord and baneful practices.
- Chili Powder ~ for discord, bane, curses
- Cinquefoil ~ Burn over a candle wax image of an enemy to cause them discomfort.
- Cramp Bark
- Hemlock ~ discord, cursing, sadness.
- Henbane ~ will cause illness, discord, and melancholy.
- Jezebel Root ~ used in the famous Jezebel curse, but can also be used in other curses as well as compelling spells.
- Knot Weed ~ To get rid of one’s enemy, stuffed into a black cloth or voodoo doll and sew up, then bury the doll. It is also used with balmony herb in curses.
- Lime or Lemon ~ Makes your enemy’s life sour.
- Lobelia ~ brings discord
- Mace ~ cursing & hexing.
- Mandrake ~ for curses and hexes
- Morning Glory
- Mustard Seed ~ the seed of strife and discord. Leave it at one’s doorstep, particularly black mustard seed. This seed sprinkled around the trunk of a fruit tree on the first evening of the full moon will cause the tree to bear no fruit.
- Nightshade/Belladonna ~ Cause an enemy discord/illness
- Onion ~ can cause strife in an enemy’s life.
- Patchouli ~ sickens enemies when used in chants and spells.
- Poke Root ~ will confuse enemies, brings discord when used in curses and hexes.
- Poppy Seed ~ Causes couples to argue.
- Rue ~ Although it is great protection for the owner in turn rue placed near another person puts a great hex on them.
- Spanish Moss ~ used to give bad luck to the intended.
- Slippery Elm ~ Used to separate a married couple when buried near their home.
- Stinging Nettle ~ can bring sadness, bad luck, hexing
- Sumac ~ for curses, hexing, bringing bad luck
- Tormentil ~ To cause distress, harm and discord to a foe, sprinkle this on a picture of her or him and place in a box.
- Vetivert: Silences ones who will speak ill of you.
- Vervain ~ Spells used to contact and speak with Lucifer are the most effective when using this herb. Also used for conjuring evil spirits and demons, as well as placing curses.
- Wormwood ~ for curses and hexing your enemy.
- Yew ~ used for contacting spirits, but can also be used for curses.
***Good rule: anything spicy or sour can be used in curses.***
It is not my responsibility for any misuse of what I have posted above. Information for curio only.
I closed it because I want to be left alone.
I’m soo happy you guys still want to reach out to me but I have no time for messages right now and it makes me sad. Sorry.
I’ve gotten a TON of asks about this lately, so I’ll go ahead and do this post tonight. This is NOT an inclusive list of ways to charge sigils, it’s what I know of/can think of at the moment.
Firstly, there’s two different schools. Destroying the sigil to charge and release it, and keeping the sigil intact. I’m going to note which school each method falls into.
- Destruction: Fire Writing a sigil on anything that’s safe to burn, and throwing it into fire to charge it, as it’s destroyed. This charges the sigil with the energy from the flame, and is a good method for adding passionate, strong, intense energy. (or any other things you associate with fire)
- Preservation: Fire Writing a sigil, carving, or engraving it somewhere, and placing it close to a flame where it can absorb the heat and energy from the fire without burning up. Has the same benefits as the above method.
- Destruction: Water Writing a sigil in something soluble, and then soaking it in a body of water. This charges the sigil, and more specifically the body of water that the sigil is charged and released into. It’s a good way to incorporate traits from the element of water, such as creativity, strengthened psychic abilities, and the like.
- Preservation: Water Writing or carving a sigil in/on something that doesn’t dissolve in water, such as carving a sigil into a chunk of wood. The sigil absorbs energy from the water while it is soaking. Again, has the same added properties as mentioned for the destructive method with water.
- Destruction: Earth Writing your sigil on something natural and biodegradable, then burying it. Such as writing a sigil on an acorn or leaf. It then absorbs energy from the earth as it slowly decomposes. A sigil charged this way may take on the additional energy and properties associated with the earth, such as strength, patience, and nurturing.
- Preservation: Earth Charge a sigil with a crystal grid, or similar set up, and keep the sigil intact afterwards. It has the same added properties as the above mentioned method for earth.
- Preservation: Light Charge your sigil in light, be it daylight or moonlight. The sigil is charged by the light.
- Destruction: Light I refer to this as destruction and light, because it deals with visibility and invisibility. Basically, write your sigil in something that will become invisible afterwards. Such as the fog on a bathroom mirror, lemon juice on paper, ect… This is my favorite way for creating/charging sigils dealing with spirits, communication, or “unseen” traits. In this method the sigil charges every time the surface it was written on is exposed to light.
- Preservation: Energy Work/Meditation You focus on your sigil, and charge it with energy. You are relying on your own energy for this, not energy from another source to charge the sigil.
- Destruction: Energy Work/Meditation Same charging method as mentioned above, but you destroy the sigil in your preferred manner when you’re done, in order to release the spell to work.
More “touchy” methods below the break. TW for a lot of different reasons. Each of these methods can be preservative or destructive, just depending on if you keep the sigil in tact afterwards.